NRA CET Syllabus 2021
The central government has approved the setting up of the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) to conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET). i.e called as ‘NRA CET’. This exam is going to replace all the prelims exam of Group B and C posts. Initially, it will be implemented on three big recruiting agencies, these are, SSC, IBPS, and RRB. It is expected that questions or NRA CET Syllabus 2021 exam will be asked from four subjects – General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Language (English, Hindi, etc.) & may get conducted in English, Hindi & respective regional languages.
Once NRA CET starts, instead of Prelims of SSC, IBPS & RRB, there would be common CET & then based on that score above PSU’s will call candidate for Main exam. Also Govt may ask other PSU’s to select candidate based on NRA CET score. The list of successful candidates from NRA CET can be utilized by State Governments as well as Private Corporate also
That means in future to get Job in PSU/Govt or Private sector, NRA CET is must. Therefore every job seeker must acquire knowledge of NRA CET Subjects i.e Reasoning, Math, English & General Studies.
NRA CET Syllabus 2021 & Key Points
- NRA or National Recruitment Agency is a multi-agency body that will be set up for recruitment of candidates for various central government jobs.
- NRA will conduct the Tier-1 examination- Common Eligibility Test, CET that will be an online examination.
- A single exam will be held for IBPS, SSC, and RRB initially. This will be the preliminary exam.
- The CET score will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of the result and will be made available to the candidates as well as the recruiting agency.
- However, there is no bar for a candidate to appear every year for the NRA CET exam to improve his or her score and the best score of last 3 years will be taken into consideration.
- Every district will have at least one exam center.
- Separate NRA CET will be held for graduate, higher secondary and class 10 level
- NRA CET Age limit is 18 years to 30 years for General. 3 & 5 years relaxation for OBC & SC/ST respectively
- NRA CET Syllabus 2021 is common for all exams.
- The list of successful candidates from NRA CET can be utilized by State Governments as well as private sectors also.
NRA CET Syllabus 2021 / NRA CET Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes (Total) For VH/ OH (afflicted with Cerebral Palsy/ deformity in writing hand- 80 Minutes.|
Note: For every wrong question, there will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks also.
NRA CET online Courses are available on www.iikdonline.in
Implementation of NRA CET
The Union Minister of State (independent charge) Dr. Jitendra in a written reply in Lok Sabha on Monday Sept 21st 2020, that NRA is expected to conduct the Common Eligibility Test (CET) from September 2021. It is expected that at least 2.5 crore candidates will appear for the exam in the first year.
Important NRA CET FAQs
NRA or National Recruitment Agency is a multi-agency body that will be set up for recruitment of candidates for various central government jobs.
Currently, the Union Cabinet has only approved the creation of NRA. The agency is yet to be established.
NRA CET is a common eligibility test that will be conducted by National Recruitment Agency to screen candidates at the first level of various SSC, RRB and IBPS recruitment exams.
Since the National Recruitment Agency is yet to be established, it is expected that the first NRA CET will be held in Sept 2021.
NRA CET will be conducted for posts and vacancies released under SSC, RRB and IBPS. Some of the tier-I exams that NRA will take over in the coming months include SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC GD, SSC CPO, SSC MTS, RRB Group-D, RRB NTPC, IBPS PO ,IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI Assistant, RBI Grade B, LIC, NICL, OICL & UIICL
NRA will conduct three CETs as per the eligibility of candidates – Class 10, Class 12 and graduation. 2 CET’s per year for each category
Candidate can appear 2 times per year till his/ her age bar, no restriction.
Maximum score of last three years will consider as his/her final score for selection.
NRA CET syllabus will be announced once the National Recruitment Agency is set up. However, the syllabus is expected to be in line with the current syllabus of the various tier-I IBPS, SSC and RRB exams. i.e Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English, General Studies.
No, NRA will not conduct any UPSC exam. It will conduct exams only for SSC, RRB and IBPS.
No, NRA will have no role in the conduct of TETs.
After qualifying NRA CET, you have to appear for the next stages of your respective recruitment exams conducted by your respective recruitment agencies – SSC, RRB and IBPS.
No, SSC, RRB and IBPS will continue conducting recruitment exams as per the vacancies posted by the government. They will only stop conducting the first-level screening exam for recruitment.
Yes, NRA CET is better as it will save a lot of time and money of SSC, RRB and IBPS candidates. Through one online exam, candidates will be eligible to apply for a wide range of posts. The exam will also help in expediting the recruitment process of SSC, IBPS and RRB agencies
Yes. IIKD Gurucul is offering NRA CET online course with very reasonable price . Click below link to purchase this NRA CET Online Course
- Video Lectures-200+
- Homework assignment with video solutions
- Sectional Tests – 20
- Topic wise Tests – 80
- Prelims – 10
- Validity- Months
- Lectures in Hindi + English
- Practice Questions- 4800