How to run Course
Total of 11 Banks participate in the recruitment, a candidate has to choose which bank he/she prefers and simultaneously he/she has to select all banks
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
IBPS Clerk notification
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection – Clerical Cadre exam is conducted every year to recruit young and fresh graduates. IBPS Clerk is one of the popular exams in PSU Bank Aspirants who wish to make a career in the same, It’s attractive salary, Career progression, perks and many such things attracts everyone for this post, with proper training & guidance you can crack this exam and fulfill your dream to become an PSU Bank Clerk.
IBPS Clerk Vacancy
IBPS Clerk Vacancy is generally released in the month of August / September tentatively, 10000’s of vacancies are released for the candidates to apply in 2016 there were 19,243 vacancies in 2017 there were 22,711 vacancies 2018 there were 7,275 vacancies , in 2019 there were 12,075 vacancies and in 2020 there were a total of 11,463 vacancies.
IBPS Clerk Exam Dates
IBPS Clerk generally conducts exam after 2 to 3 months of notification date the tentative month of examination is around November/December
IBPS Clerk Salary Structure
The initial salary package of IBPS Clerk is about Rs. 28,000 to Rs. 30,000/- per month that includes the Dearness Allowance and other benefits. The IBPS Clerk Pay Scale is Rs.19900-1000/1-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920
Initial Basic Pay – Rs 19,900 with an yearly increment of Rs 1000
Basic Pay after 3 years – Rs 20,900 with an yearly increment of Rs 1230 for the next three years.
Basic Pay after the next 3 years – Rs 24,590 with an yearly increment of Rs 1490 for the next four years.
Basic Pay after the next 4 years – Rs 30,550 with an yearly increment of Rs 1730 for the next 7 years.
Basic Pay after next 7 years – Rs 42,600 with anyearly increment of Rs 3270 for next one year.
Basic Pay after next 1 year – Rs 45,930 with an yearly increment of Rs 1990 for next one year.
Basic Pay after next year – Rs 47,920 (Maximum Basic Pay).
How good is IBPS Clerk Job? Let’s see the promotion designation of a Clerk through various steps:
- Level 1- Clerk: The basic training phase of Clerk where he learns day to day work of Bank.
- Level 2- Officer/Assistant Manager: The work of an Assistant Manager is same as that of a PO. It’s just that this post is confirmed and not on a probation period.
- Level 3- Branch Manager: The branch manager leads the whole bank branch.
- Level 4- Chief Manager: The chief manager takes the responsibility of the main branch in a city i.e. a bigger branch.
- Level 5- AGM: The Assistant General Manager takes care of a group of the branch in a region.
- Level 6- DGM: The Deputy General Manager takes care of branches in a bigger zone or no. of the region.
- Level 7- CGM: The Chief General Manager heads a circle like a complete branch of a state.
- Level 8- GM: The General Manager has a higher responsibility of taking care of all the branches globally. He takes multiple duties and roles.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. of India in their favor.
Mandatory Educational Qualifications
- Candidates must hold a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification which is recognised by the Central Government. They should ensure that the passing certificate should indicate the degree pass date in it.
- Prospective applicants who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply on a provisional basis. However, this is subject to the condition that at the time of the interview, they’ll need to produce proof that they have passed the graduation examination.
- Candidates who have an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate need to ensure that the date of passing of the IDD is as mentioned in the notification.
- Candidates who possess Chartered Accountancy qualification are also eligible to apply.
- As per the IBPS Clerk qualification criteria, the candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation degree and calculate it to the nearest two decimals in the application form. For cases where CGPA is awarded, applicants should convert the grade into percentage and indicate it in the online application form.
- For the IBPS Clerk eligibility percentage, candidates with less than 60% in their graduation are also eligible to take the IBPS Clerk exam. The Board prescribes no minimum percentage in Graduation for the IBPS Clerk
IBPS Clerk Age Limit
|General Category||0 years|
|Scheduled Caste(SC)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|People affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
|Kashmiri Migrants||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PWD (Gen/EWS)||10 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-servicemen, ECOs, SSCOs who have rendered 5 years of military service.||5 years|
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The Exam pattern of IBPS Clerk is in 2 Stages
The Composite time for Prelims exam is of 60 minutes for 100 Marks and consists 100 questions.
Prelims exams rewards 1 mark for every correct answer and deducts 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
|S.No.||Name of Tests|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
The Composite time for Mains exam is of 160 minutes for 200 Marks and consists 190 questions.
Mains exams rewards 1 mark for every correct answer and deducts 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||General / Financial Awareness||40||50||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam (Phase-1) will not be considered for final selection.
- Candidates must qualify Phase-2 to be eligible for final merit.
- The aggregate score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category. Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus
- The IBPS Clerk Prelims Syllabus will comprise of three sections:
IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
|Reasoning||1. Verbal Reasoning|
|3. Circular Seating Arrangement|
|4. Linear Seating Arrangement|
|6. Blood Relations|
|7. Directions and Distances|
|8. Ordering and Ranking|
|9. Data Sufficiency|
|10. Coding & Decoding|
|11. Code Inequalities|
|12. Course of Action|
|13. Analytical and Decision making|
|Computer Awareness||1. Internet|
|3. Keyboard Shortcuts|
|4. Computer Abbreviation|
|5. Microsoft Office|
|6. Computer Hardware|
|7. Computer Software|
|8. Operating System|
|10. Computer Fundamentals/ Technologies|
|Numerical Ability||1. Tabular Graph|
|2. Line Graph|
|3. Pie Chart|
|4. Bar Graph|
|5. Missing DI|
|6. Caselet DI|
|8. Data Sufficiency|
|10. Permutation and Combination|
|English||1. Reading Comprehension|
|4. Verbal Ability|
|6. Sentence Improvement|
|7. Para Jumbles|
|8. Cloze Test|
|9. Error Spotting|
|10. Fill in the blanks|
|General Economy/ Banking Awareness||1. Financial Awareness|
|2. Static Awareness|
|3. General Knowledge|
|4. Current Affairs|
|5. Banking and Financial Awareness|
IBPS Clerk Cut off
- Candidates’ performance in the exam
- Number of applicants
- Number of vacancies
- Previous years’ cutoff trend.