How to run Course
RBI Assistant Notification
The RBI Assistant notification pdf will have the complete information about the given recruitments.
In this notification the main details such as eligibility criteria, process of selection, exam pattern, etc are provided. For each post the recruitment details will vary. So, for all the posts, complete details are made available in the notification.
RBI Assistant Vacancy
RBI Assistant Vacancy is generally released in the month of November tentatively, 1000’s of vacancies are released for the candidates to apply in.
RBI Assistant Salary In-hand:
The Basic Pay for an RBI Assistant is Rs. 14,650/- every month (i.e. Rs. 13,150/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only).
Pay Scale is 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990.
The following chart will help you to understand better
|Annual Increments||RBI Assistant Basic Pay|
|Starting Pay||Rs. 14650|
|Rs. 750 for first 3 years||Rs. 15400|
|Rs. 900 for next 4 years||Rs. 19000|
|Rs. 1200 for the next 6 years||Rs. 26200|
|Rs. 1300 for next 2 years||Rs. 28800|
|Rs. 1480 for next 3 year||Rs. 33240|
|Rs. 1750 for next one year||Rs. 34990|
In addition to the Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. are also granted to the RBI Assistant. Thus, the Gross Salary of an RBI Assistant ranges to approximately Rs. 36,091/- every month.
I Nationality / Citizenship:A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
|Sr. No||Category||Relaxation in Age|
|(i)||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|(ii)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|(iii)||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN/ EWS), 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|(iv)||Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.|
|(v)||Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married||By 10 years|
|(vi)||Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989.||By 5 years|
|(vii)||Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||To the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to maximum of 3 years.|
- Candidate’s seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC, shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate should be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the central government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Government of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site http://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list of caste for each state is available on the site http://www.ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted. Further the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
- The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his/her father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him/her based on his/her father’s OBC certificate from the State to which his/her (father) originally belongs.
- No change in the community status already indicated in the on-line application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed. Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of document verification.
- a) Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) shall be applied @4% of total vacancies, horizontally, within the overall Office-wise vacancies earmarked for various categories viz., UR, SC, ST & OBC as per the RPWD Act, 2016.
- b) Reservation for EXS shall be applied @14.5% of total vacancies, which shall include reservation of 4.5% for disabled Ex-Servicemen and dependents of Servicemen killed in action, clubbed together, horizontally, within overall Office-wise vacancies earmarked for various categories viz., UR, SC, ST & OBC.
- c) Reserved category candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) may apply against unreserved vacancies if vacancies have not been reserved for their category in their state. However, they must fulfil the eligibility criteria for age and educational qualification at par with unreserved candidates. They will, however, be eligible for fee concession, wherever, applicable.
- d) Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as ‘General’ (UR).
- e) OBC applicants, availing reservation benefit will have to produce OBC certificate issued after 30 June 2019 with Noncreamy layer clause as per Govt. of India guidelines.
- f) The reservation under various categories will be as per prevailing Government of India guidelines at the time of finalization of result.
- i) At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- ii) A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
The Exam pattern of RBI Assistant is in 2 Stages
The Composite time for Prelims exam is of 60 minutes for 100 Marks and consists 100 questions.
Prelims exams rewards 1 mark for every correct answer and deducts 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
|S.No.||Name of Tests|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
The Composite time for Mains exam is of 135 minutes for 200 Marks and consists of 200 questions.
Mains exams rewards 1 mark for every correct answer and deducts 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions|
|2||English Language||40||40||25 minutes|
|3||Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|4||General Awaren3ss||40||40||30 minutes|
|5||Computer knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT) –
The candidates provisionally shortlisted from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned as detailed below). Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
The Office wise local language/s is/are as follows:
- Ahmedabad – Gujarati
- Bengaluru – Kannada
- Bhopal – Hindi
- Bhubaneswar – Oriya
- Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi
- Chennai – Tamil
- Guwahati – Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri / Bodo / Mizo
- Hyderabad – Telugu
- Jaipur – Hindi
- Jammu – Urdu / Hindi / Kashmiri
- Kanpur & Lucknow – Hindi
- Kolkata – Bengali / Nepali
- Mumbai – Marathi / Konkani
- Nagpur – Marathi / Hindi
- New Delhi – Hindi
- Patna – Hindi / Maithili
- Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
RBI Assistant Syllabus
|Reasoning Ability||1. Puzzles – Seating Arrangement: Circular/Direction-based/MISC|
|2. Number Series|
|3. Odd man out|
|5. Blood Relation|
|8. Alphabet Test|
|9. Ranking and Time|
|10. Causes and Effects|
|11. Direction Sense|
|12. Word Formation|
|13. Statement and Assumption|
|14. Statement and Conclusion|
|15. Statement and Arguments|
|16. Statements and Action Courses|
|Numerical Ability Syllabus||1. Number System|
|2. Data Interpretation – Bar Graph, Line Graph & Pie chart|
|3. HCF & LCM|
|4. Profit & Loss|
|5. Simple Interest & Compound Interest|
|6. Time & Work|
|7. Time & Distance|
|8. Decimal & Fraction|
|13. Ratio & Proportion|
|15. Case Studies Charts and Graphs|
|16. Permutation & Combination|
|General Awareness Syllabus||1. Current Affairs National & International|
|2. Sports Abbreviations|
|3. Currencies & Capitals|
|4. General Science|
|5. Government Schemes & Policies|
|6. Banking Awareness|
|7. RBI Terms|
|8. Emoluments and Other Benefits|
|9. Acts and Laws related to Bank (RBI)|
|English Language||1. Reading Comprehensions|
|2. Sentence Correction|
|3. Sentence Completion|
|4. Rearrangement of Sentence|
|5. Jumbled up sentences|
|6. Idioms and Phrases|
|7. Cloze Tests|
|8. One word Substitution|
|9. Antonyms and Synonyms|
|Computer Knowledge Syllabus||1. Fundamentals of Computer|
|2. History of Computers|
|3. Basic Knowledge of Internet|
|4. Networking Software & Hardware|
|5. Abbreviations Shortcut Keys|
RBI Assistant Previous Year Cut Off
- Candidates’ performance in the exam
- Number of applicants
- Number of vacancies
- Previous years’ cutoff trend